We aim for the highest standards in every facet of our business. Our commitment to quality underpins our approach to our people, to health and safety, to the environment, to the communities we work in, to our stakeholders, and to all aspects of our performance.
Doing the right thing
Our approach to quality is summed up in a simple phrase: “the right people, doing the right things, in the right way, at the right time”. For us, operational excellence is inseparable from the highest standards in health and safety, quality assurance and business management. We aim to be the leading Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) performer amongst our peer UK E&P companies.
Our Quality Policy
We pursue the highest standards because we want to be the best QHSE performer in our class of exploration and production companies in the UK. To do this we focus on five key areas that apply to everything we do, whether it is preventing major accidents or environmental impacts, or developing a new discovery for production:
- Commitment and compliance – Visibly demonstrating enthusiasm for the business and commitment to our policies; complying with relevant regulatory requirements and ENGIE E&P policies and process in all of our business activities
- Strong leadership – Leading by example, and being accountable for the effectiveness of the company’s policies and processes
- Effective use of resources – Cohesively using personnel, contractors and suppliers with the necessary competency, in a shared spirit of teamwork
- Stakeholder engagement – Developing stakeholder relationships, understanding and meeting their expectations and creating value for all
- Communication and planning – Sharing information with the right people, encouraging feedback, and taking the necessary timely actions to achieve superior performance and continual improvement
Always willing to learn
We don’t take quality for granted. A dedicated Quality Team keeps a close eye on industry best practice and ensures that we are constantly learning, from ourselves and the rest of the industry, about ways that we can improve. Our emphasis on quality spans the entire project life cycle from exploration into production operations.
Working with others
We also work with industry and regulatory bodies such as Oil and Gas UK to ensure that we understand and comply with the highest standards. We are actively involved in various industry forums and subscribe to a number of their codes of practice, including:
- Health and Safety Forum
- Step Change in Safety
- Environmental Forum
- Oil Spill Prevention and Response Action Group (OSPRAG)
- Supply Chain Forum and code of practice
- Drilling Managers Forum
- Well Life Cycle Practices Forum
- Exploration Task Force
- FPAL Offshore Contractors Association